On 4/8/10 11:14 AM, "Mike Taylor" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I want to run a simple repository on a Debian Stable box -- something
that lets me and other authorized people upload PDFs and create and
edit metadata describing them, and that lets anyone search the archive
and download the PDFs.  In short, I want something like DSpace or
EPrints, although I don't need anything like the full power of those
packages.

Most of all, I want something that I can install from the standard
operating system packages, using apt-get.  (I am not looking to invest
time in becoming an expert in the archive system, and don't want to
mess about installing from source.)

I was surprised to find that there seems to be no package for DSpace,
EPrints, Fedora, or any of the other half-dozen names that I tried.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Mike,

What about TKL. I believe those guys at Index Data had a package and the searching should be pretty easy for you to set up. ;-)

--Brian