Andy,

It is a highly extensible platform, based on .NET and windows.  It is also
open source!  We did install it and have a play around with it.  But not as
much as we would have liked, primarily because of skillset and resource
issues here.

Microsoft have come late into the repository space, and have had a really
good look at the kinds of mistakes others have made.

Let us know how you get on.

David.

On 28 April 2010 14:54, Andrew Ashton <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Iım looking for some background information on Microsoftıs Zentity (their
> digital repository software).  If anyone has first-hand experience working
> with it, or if you know of institutions that have implemented it, please
> contact me.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andy Ashton
> Senior Research Programmer
> Center for Digital Scholarship, Brown University Library

David Kane
Systems Librarian
Waterford Institute of Technology
Ireland