If memory serves me right, it is possible that you might be stuck because I
think this parameter can be disabled by configuration which makes sense if
you think about it. Also, even if it isn't disabled and the web user is not
configured as a trusted sender, a warning message will be appended to the
email headers that will get your message identified as spam by just about
every filter out there.

kyle

On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 7:56 AM, Harish Maringanti <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> Ken,
>
> A while back our sys admin pointed out that php mail function takes a '-f'
> parameter that can control the sender address. If you haven't tried it yet
> maybe you can give it a try..
>
> Harish
>
> -------------------------
> Harish Maringanti
> Systems Analyst
> K-State Libraries
> 785.532.3261
>
> On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 8:56 AM, Ken Irwin <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> > We originally tried changing the From and Reply-To mail headers, but the
> > phones we tested on didn't honor the email headers. Instead they show an
> > address @www6.wittenberg.edu (ie, our web server). That's why I was
> > thinking there would be some sort of SMS-equivalent-header that it cared
> > about more.
> >
> > Ken

Kyle Banerjee
Digital Services Program Manager