Use URL encoding.  %22 is a double-quote url encoded.

However... !

I strongly suggest using, for these "string" type fields where you
want _exact_ matching, the raw query parser.  Like this:

    q={!raw f=subject}Egypt--Antiquities, Roman

(of course URL encode the above too)

The raw query parser under the covers creates a Lucene TermQuery, for
an exact match, and you avoid having to do all the query parser
escaping gymnastics for special parser syntax characters and such.

	Erik