Kyle Banerjee schrieb:
> This might not be as bad as people think. The normal argument is that
> holdings are in free text and there's no way staff will ever have enough
> time to record volume level holdings. However, significant chunks of the
> problem can be addressed using relatively simple methods.
>
> For example, if you can identify complete runs, you know that a library has
> all holdings and can start automating things.

That's what we've done for journal holdings (only) in

https://sourceforge.net/projects/doctor-doc/

Works perfect in combination with an EZB-account
(rzblx1.uni-regensburg.de/ezeit) as a linkresolver. May be as exact as
on issue level.

The tool is beeing used by around 100 libraries in Germany, Switzerland
and Austria.

If you check this one out: Don't expect the perfect OS-system. It has
been developped by me (head of library and no IT-Professional) and a
colleague (IT-Professional). I learned a lot through this one.

There is plenty room for improvement in it: some things implemented not
yet so nice, other things done quite nice ;-)

If you want to discuss, use or contribute:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/doctor-doc/support

Very welcome!

Markus Fischer