On 15.06.2010 16:36, Jonathan Rochkind wrote:

> cql-ruby is a ruby gem for parsing CQL, and serializing parse trees back
> to CQL, to xCQL, or to a solr query.
>
> A new version has been released, 0.8.0, available from gem update/install.
>
> The new version improves greatly on the #to_solr serialization as a solr
> query, providing support for translation from more CQL relations than
> previously, fixing a couple bugs, and making #to_solr raise appropriate
> exceptions if you try to convert CQL that is not supported for #to_solr.
> See: http://cql-ruby.rubyforge.org/svn/trunk/lib/cql_ruby/cql_to_solr.rb

At the recent ELAG conference we had a workshop to get started with
Solr. It is pretty easy to index stuff (even obscure things like MARC
data) but as far as I understand most times you create an interface
above your Solr instance - this can be a user interface or a wrapper to
another API such as SRU/SRW or OpenSearch.

Is there a nice piece of code or a tutorial or example how to easily
wrap your Solr instance to get a full SRU/SRW and/or OpenSearch
interface? Converting CQL to Solr query format is just one part of a
wrapper isn't it?

Jakob

P.S: By the way we created yet another mailing list for Solr in
libraries to discuss such things:

http://groups.google.com/group/solr4lib

--
Jakob Voß <[log in to unmask]>, skype: nichtich
Platz der Goettinger Sieben 1, 37073 Göttingen, Germany