On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 11:47 AM, Adam Wead <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> What I'm wondering is maybe this is extending DC a bit too far and I should use another standard like MODS or something else.  The reason I'm using DC is that the software I'm working with has dublin core support "built-in."  I'm trying to create xml documents that will describe images in a fedora repository.  Our metadata librarian and I are trying to put together a list of fields, and DC + Marc seemed a logical place to start.

This is likely extending DC too far, especially for use in Fedora. If
you need more descriptive metadata for your Fedora objects, you'll
likely do better having an additional datastream or set thereof for
said metadata. For example, you could add datastreams for MODS, CDWA
Lite, etc., as appropriate to your needs.

Mark A. Matienzo
Digital Archivist, Manuscripts and Archives
Yale University Library