From: Code for Libraries [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Cindy Harper [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2010 9:11 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] Innovative's Synergy

Hi All - III is touting their web-services based Synergy product as having
the efficiency of a pre-indexed service and the timeliness of a just-in-time
service.  Does anyone know if the agreements they have made with database
vendors to use these web services preclude an organization developing an
open-source client to take advantage of those web services?  Just curious.
I suppose I should direct my question to EBSCO and Proquest directly.

Cindy Harper, Systems Librarian
Colgate University Libraries
315-228-7363