From: Code for Libraries on behalf of Lovins, Daniel
Sent: Fri 6/18/2010 9:19 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] "Berners-Lee Pushes Linked Data In MIT Course"

Not sure if this came up on the list already, but ...

From Slashdot 6/16: http://tech.slashdot.org/story/10/06/16/202229/Berners-Lee-Pushes-Linked-Data-In-MIT-Course

'"WWW inventor Tim Berners-Lee is championing linked data - the idea of assigning web addresses to individual pieces of data to enable more intelligent information searches - much like he did now-ubiquitous Internet standards such as HTML and HTTP. But the ethic hasn't quite taken off yet, so he and a group of Boston tech and entrepreneurial all-stars are launching an MIT class to teach students linked data mechanics and fast-track the technology to market. They're combining engineering and entrepreneurial education in the hopes of launching viable linked data businesses or open source code at the conclusion of the course.' I hope this shows up on OpenCourseWare."

Here's the FA from the Xconomy magazine: http://www.xconomy.com/boston/2010/06/16/tim-berners-lee-and-group-of-boston-web-gurus-leading-new-mit-class-to-get-linked-data-movement-to-the-market/

Daniel

To report this message as spam, offensive, or if you feel you have received this in error,
please send e-mail to [log in to unmask] including the entire contents and subject of the message.
It will be reviewed by staff and acted upon appropriately.