Greetings all,
I am in a bit of a fix. I am working to get my library working up a more
effective copy-cataloging workflow and was looking for some software
suggestions.
I'm more or less trapped on Windows XP and have so far been running Mercury
Z39.50 client with some success. My search would end here if exporting one.
record. at. a. time. wasn't so painful.
I've been evaluating MarcEdit and it's associated Z39.50 Client. I've found
it to be slow, buggy and always trapped in windows of fixed sizes. It can
also only search one Z39.50 server at a time, so it replaces one bottleneck
with another. I get the impression I'm sort of in the Dark Ages here in that
we're not just OCLC copy-cataloging subscribers, but I can't seem to
convince my superiors that that service is worth making room for in the
budget, though perhaps this is a more common situation than I'm aware of.

Ideally: I feed in a txt file or CSV of ISBNs and I get out one big MARC
record to feed my [ancient, fussy] OPAC.

This might be one of those "...why don't you do it with a Perl script?"
problems that might get me to really dive into my copy of Introducing Perl.
(I've looked at the ZOOM Perl Bindings and MARC module on CPAN, both look
promising but far beyond my current limited abilities and likely even
further beyond my boss, future replacements and/or student worker's ability
to maintain or use.)

Thanks for your help & suggestions.
~Andy