On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 12:10 PM, Jonathan Rochkind <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> You can definitely have Blacklight handle the display while still keeping the EAD out of solr stored fields. There's no reason Blacklight can't fetch the EAD from some external store, keyed by Solr document ID (or by some other value in a solr document stored field).  That's my current thinking (informed by y'alls experience) of how I'm going to handle future large object stuff in BL, if/when I get around to developing it.

I've wanted to try an approach similar to how paperclip [1] works
where a filesystem storage location is chosen that survives between
deployments when using something like Capistrano. Using the filesystem
would allow the EAD XML to be easily served up directly from the
public directory.

Jason

[1] http://github.com/thoughtbot/paperclip