On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 7:11 PM, Brian Tingle
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Ed Summers was asking me during a break today about support for
> embedded linked data in the HTML view of the EAC record.  I have to
> admit I'm a bit of a linked data skeptic, but I'd be interested to
> explore how we could better support interoperability with linked data
> initiatives in the prototype.

Hey Brian, it was great chatting w/ you on Monday, and learning more
about the Social Networks and Archival Context Project [1]. Daniel
Pitti's demo of the work you have been doing with EAC-CPF and the
eXtensible Text Framework was really exciting.

I tried to summarize where I think some of the Linked Data approach
could possibly fit in w/ EAC-CPF in a blog post I wrote today [2]. I'd
be interested in hearing what you think. Perhaps I could try to
contribute some patches to the code you have to demonstrate? I would
need to be able to import some of the EAC-CPF data...is there any
chance of making some (or all?) of that available somehow?

//Ed

[1] http://socialarchive.iath.virginia.edu/
[2] http://inkdroid.org/journal/2010/08/12/archival-context-on-the-web/