Shape the future of discovery and delivery in library systems

Position: Programmer Analyst IV

About you
You are a senior programmer committed to growing the next generation of
discovery & delivery services. You seek out innovative ways to
continually extend and improve interactive library systems. You take
pride in identifying emerging and disruptive technologies to position
your team for effective network level discovery and delivery for the
next three to five years. As a pragmatist, you have the ability to "read
the tea leaves" to understand trends, then take it to the next level and
make a concrete action plan. You are deeply and creatively engaged with
the digital library domain and a champion for users.

You want to drive work on:

*	The convergence of mass digitization, ebooks, and other
electronic content and how it affects the discovery and delivery of
library resources
*	Collaborative projects with partners such as Google, Internet
Archive, the HathiTrust and WEST
*	Strategic planning
*	Multi-campus systems
*	Large datasets

About us
We are the California Digital Library's Discovery & Delivery Team. We're
planning and building the next generation of library services even as we
make our existing systems better. We need you to help us make it happen.
Read more about what we do and our strategic goals on the CDL website
<http://www.cdlib.org/services/d2d/about.html> .

Requirements

*	BS in Computer Science, information management/science, or a
related field
*	8-10 years experience in information technology
*	Demonstrated technical project management skills
*	At least 5 years experience designing, coding and implementing
complex production systems
*	Experience with object-oriented languages (e.g. Java, C) and
scripting languages (e.g PERL, Ruby).
*	Excellent knowledge of web standards and cross-browser
development.

Preferred
*        Knowledge and technical competence in the digital library
domain

Apply here: UCOP job website (requisition 20100195)
<https://jobs.ucop.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=53680>