The University of York Library & Archives is looking for an enthusiastic
developer to join the Digital Library team to contribute to an
interactive research portal for the Department of History of Art. The
post offers an opportunity to work closely with colleagues to develop
and deliver an innovative new research portal and to contribute to the
AHRC-funded Court, Country, City Project.

Supporting our vision of open standards and open data mean this post
will suit someone with experience and enthusiasm in linked data and the
semantic web movement. Experience and working knowledge of web and
semantic web standards and related protocols, plus client- and
server-side programming are essential. We are looking for a talented
programmer with a customer-focussed approach who can take user
requirements and develop creative technical solutions.

The post is fixed-term for 12 months.

Salary within the range: £28,983 - £35,646

*Closing date:  2 December 2010*

*For further information and to apply on-line, please visit our website:
**http://www.york.ac.uk/jobs/**  Alternatively contact HR Services on
01904 324835 quoting reference number UoY01043.*

For information enquiries, please contact Julie Allinson.

--
Julie Allinson  <[log in to unmask]>
Digital Library Manager