There are JS hooks for cutting and pasting (it's how certain websites add
their little source: tag when you "excerpt" from one of their articles), but
the support is very spotty[1].  And nothing is going to let you detect
cutting and pasting from the URL bar.

[1] http://www.quirksmode.org/dom/events/cutcopypaste.html

-Sean

---