 OLAC (Online Audiovisual Catalogers) is excited to announce the
 availability of our prototype for a FRBR-inspired, work-centric, faceted
 discovery interface for moving images at
 http://blazing-sunset-24.heroku.com.

 The OLAC Work-Centric Moving Image Discovery Interface Prototype is an
 exploration of the possibilities of leveraging the Functional
 Requirements for Bibliographic Records (FRBR) model and faceted search
 to improve access to moving image materials held by libraries and
 archives.

 This prototype was funded by OLAC. Chris Fitzpatrick developed the
 demonstration interface to meet OLAC’s specifications using the free
 open source tools Ruby on Rails, Solr, and the Blacklight and Hydra
 plug-ins. This project was only possible due to the contributions of a
 great many people, some of whom are listed at
 http://blazing-sunset-24.heroku.com/page/credits.

 In this demonstration interface we present the user with a two-level
 view inspired by the FRBR model. The top level, labeled Movie or
 Program, provides information about the FRBR Work and what we are
 calling the Primary Expression, usually the first publicly-released
 Expression. Facets for the Work/Primary Expression level are displayed
 across the top of the screen and the records found in the hit list
 contain information about the Work and Primary Expression. The second
 level, labeled Version, includes information about Expressions (language
 options), Manifestations (format and publication date), and in a very
 basic way about Items (what libraries or archives hold a particular
 Manifestation). Facets for the Version level are displayed separately on
 the side of the screen and information about the particular Versions
 that meet the user’s qualifications are displayed below each
 Work/Primary Expression.

 An overview of the goals of the interface is available at
 http://blazing-sunset-24.heroku.com/page/about. Some suggested sample
 searches and potential use cases may be seen at
 http://blazing-sunset-24.heroku.com/page/samples.

 We invite you to check it out and send us your feedback. Comments,
 questions, complaints, and suggestions may be sent to me at
 [log in to unmask] Also, if you are interested in contributing to a
 larger grant project to try to bring this idea into a production
 environment, please contact me.

 Kelley McGrath
 Metadata Management Librarian
 University of Oregon