Hi, this topic has come up for discussion with some of my colleagues, and I was hoping to get a few other perspectives. For a public interface to a repository and/or digital library, would you make the handle/PURL an active hyperlink, or just provide the URL in text form? And why?

My feeling is, making the URL an active hyperlink implies confidence in the PURL/Handle, and provides the user with functionality they expect of a hyperlink (right or option-click to copy, or bookmark).

Thanks for your input.

--
HARDY POTTINGER <[log in to unmask]>
University of Missouri Library Systems