Hi All,

Our library has been working on transitioning our website  to a Web
Content Management system for several years running. Our basic desire is
to provide a platform where designated people from the library's
sections are able to update their own content without disrupting the
sites overall look and feel. There are other features we're interested
in, but that's the basic idea. It's been an on and off project, but it
is now on again. We have thought about what staff and visitor experience
should be after the transition. Internal discussion focused on open
source content management systems

In the process of working with our parent agency, we were encouraged to
take a very close look at SharePoint 2007, which is our parent agency
standard for creating collaborative websites. The parent agency has a
SharePoint license we can use and has used it to build some specialized
applications.

Most of what I've found on SharePoint so far has been about building
intranets. I'd really like to get in touch with people who have used
SharePoint for their external site. If you or someone you know has
created (or maintains) a library (or archives or Museum) site using
SharePoint, would you send me contact information along with your
general impressions of the difficulty of training staff to update their
own pages in SharePoint?

If this is a better question for the web4lib list, feel free to let me
know. Thanks in advance for whatever assistance you can render. - Daniel

Daniel Cornwall

Head of Technical and Imaging Services

Division of Libraries, Archives and Museums

PO Box 110571
Juneau, AK 99811-0571
Phone (907) 465-6332

Fax (907) 465-2665
E-Mail: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Web: http://lam.alaska.gov <http://lam.alaska.gov/> .