Yes, the draft version of SRU 2.0 does include support for facets.  The functionality is based on the SOLR documentation of facets with perhaps some slight simplification.  None of the editors of the standard are active facet users, so comments on that feature in our draft would be appreciated. (I'm afraid I'm responsible for that work.  Personally, I found the SOLR functionality massively over-engineered and hope someone will recommend simplification.)

All the current draft documentation is available at http://www.loc.gov/standards/sru/oasis/.

Ralph