In the end, it is only the output format that matters to anyone except
the data producer/holder. You can have whatever you want in your
system and I could not care less -- I only care when I need to process
data you provide, and at that moment I cared deeply how you provide
it. What I care deeply about is that it be provided in as simple a
format as possible while not losing any of the granularity, semantics,
etc. that my application requires. Given that, if Schema.org works for
me I won't go any farther, and I happen to hold the view that I am
more like the rest of the planet than not.
Roy