As noted in my original message and in the responses, there's an argument to
be made for desktop virtualization in the lab environment, assuming you
don't have too many images to configure and maintain, you have enough
devices to warrant the ROI, etc. (The environmental impact is definitely
something to think about too.)

My only comment back to Jeff is that your story would be more compelling if
your email said, "A year ago, we deployed..."  Desktop virtualization
stories nearly always seem to be in the future tense. So you are hereby
tasked to report back a year from now.

Karen G. Schneider