I used CollectiveAccess a long time ago when it was called OpenCollection. I'm not familiar with all the particulars, but I know there were conflicts between some of the grant partners and the contracted software developer, which I guess resulted in a parting of ways and both groups  dropping the OpenCollection name.  The Melon grant project is now called CollectionSpace (http://www.collectionspace.org/).