On Jul 28, 2011, at 4:04 PM, Ed Summers wrote:

> http://opds-spec.org/2011/06/15/opds-1-1-call-for-comments/

Ed, thank you for bringing this to our attention. From the document's Introduction:

  The Open Publication Distribution System (OPDS) Catalog format is
  a syndication format for electronic publications based on Atom
  [RFC4287] and HTTP [RFC2616]. OPDS Catalogs enable available
  electronic publications to be:

	* discovered, using optional search or a range of optional
	  browsing techniques
	* acquired, using direct downloads, lending, or vending

  An OPDS Catalog is a set of one or more Atom Feeds, which are
  themselves listings of Atom Entries. The Atom Feeds that make up
  all OPDS Catalogs can be divided into two groups: Navigation
  Feeds, which create a hierarchy for browsing, and Acquisition
  Feeds, which list available electronic publications. Each Atom
  Entry in an Acquisition Feed includes basic metadata about the
  publication, the publication's format, and how the publication
  can be acquired. These included Atom Entries may be minimal
  subsets of the complete metadata, with a link to a more
  extensive, standalone representation URI (see the Section Listing
  Acquisition Feeds for more).

YACS (Yet Another Catalog Specification), but I do see how it could be helpful.

--
Eric Morgan