Message forwarded on behalf of Wendy Evans, of the University College Plymouth St Mark & St John, and her colleague David Baker:

Handbook of Digital Library Economics: Operations, Collections and Services (Chandos Publishing)

David Baker and I are currently planning a publication which aims to cover all aspects of digital library economics from a practical viewpoint. It focuses on the 'how to' of managing digital collections and services of all types with regard to their financing and financial management. The emphasis will be on case studies and practical examples drawn from a wide variety of contexts. These include material not only from the UK, but Europe, North America and Australasia.

This work follows on from our recent publications with Chandos Publishing (Oxford) - Digital Library Economics: an academic perspective (2009) and Libraries and Society: role, responsibility and future in an age of change (2011).

We expect that the book will be of interest and value to all involved in digital library developments and digital collections and services, whether or not library based.

The publication aims to cover:

*         Assigning Cost and Value in the Digital Library

*         Economic Models

*         Business plans

*         Funding

*         Pricing

*         Resource allocation

*         Sustainability

*         Cost-effective Decision Making

*         Responding to Future Developments

We are writing to ask if you would be interested in contributing a case study of 2,000-5,000 words covering the following:

*         A brief description of the project/programme

*         The mission

*         Experiences to date

*         Lessons learned

*         Key messages, particularly for other practitioners

*         Future developments

All of the above should be in the context of economic and financial aspects of digital libraries.

We would be grateful if you could consider our proposal and respond to this email by 18th July. The submission date for the case study will be 1st October 2011.

Kind regards

Wendy Evans and David Baker

Wendy Evans
Head of Library
University College Plymouth St Mark & St John
Derriford Road
Plymouth
PL6 8BH

University College Plymouth St Mark & St John,  Derriford Road, Plymouth, PL6 8BH
            Phone:  01752 636700     Web:  www.ucpmarjon.ac.uk
 Principal: Professor Margaret Noble A Church of England College Founded in 1840
University College Plymouth St Mark & St John is a registered charity the trustee
   of which is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No. 986239

------ End of Forwarded Message