I blogged about my Code4Lib Midwest experiences at http://bit.ly/oWLsYm  Quite a number of interesting presentations are described in the posting, but from the Summary:

  From my perspective, the Meeting was an unqualified success.
  Kudos go to Francis Kayiwa, Abigail Goben, Bob Sandusky, and
  Margaret Heller for organizing the logistics. Thank you! The
  presentations were on target. The facilites were more than
  adequate. The wireless network connections were robust. The
  conversations were apropos. The company was congenial. The price
  was right. Moreover, I genuinely believe everybody went away from
  the Meeting learning something new.

  I also believe these sorts of meetings demonstrate the health and
  vitality of the growing Code4Lib community. The Code4Lib mailing
  list boasts about 2,000 subscribers who are from all over the
  world but mostly in the United States. Code4Lib sponsors an
  annual meeting and regularly occurring journal. Regional
  meetings, like this one in Chicago, are effective and inexpensive
  professional development opportunities for people who are unable
  or uncertain about the full-fledged conference. If these meetings
  continue, then I think we ought to start charging a franchise
  fee. (Just kidding, really.)

--
Eric Lease Morgan