We've gained some new members  (current list is here: http://www.loc.gov/extranet/wiki/osi/ndiip/ndsa/index.php?title=Content_Working_Group_Members) and folks are likely starting to come back from their vacations by now, so I thought I would send a few reminders out.

Our next meeting is set for Wednesday, September 7, at 11 ET. An agenda and webex instructions will come closer to that date, but please mark your calendars for this and the first Wednesday of each month going forward.

In the minutes from the last call (http://www.loc.gov/extranet/wiki/osi/ndiip/ndsa/index.php?title=Content_WG_August_3,_2011_Meeting_Minutes), you may have noticed a few new action teams have formed.
If you're interested in signing up to help out on any of these activities, please let me or Cathy or the group leaders know.

NEW: Appraisal of Local Government Information Action Team
http://www.loc.gov/extranet/wiki/osi/ndiip/ndsa/index.php?title=Local_Government_Information#Appraisal_of_Local_Government_Information_Action_Team
Leader: Margie Maes, Legal Information Preservation Alliance, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
They've had one call (I believe) but would welcome any additional folks to participate.

NEW: Blog Preservation Action Team
http://www.loc.gov/extranet/wiki/osi/ndiip/ndsa/index.php?title=Blog_Preservation
Leader: Kristine Hanna and I are jointly heading this up. We've touched base with and are hoping to do a call with Andrew Nacin at Wordpress in September, if anyone would like to sit in on that call let us know.

Web Archiving Survey - comments welcome
http://www.loc.gov/extranet/wiki/osi/ndiip/ndsa/index.php?title=Web_Archiving_Survey
I'm working on this one (not really an action team), and I have started a draft but other things got in the way and it hasn't been finalized yet. So that means there is still time to provide feedback if you are interested. I'll aim to get this pulled together in September.

Also, for newer CWG members, we have two ongoing action teams that we welcome your participation in:

Content Registry Action Team:
http://www.loc.gov/extranet/wiki/osi/ndiip/ndsa/index.php?title=Content_Registry_Action_Team
Leader:  Daniel Cornwall, Alaska State Library ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>)

Clearinghouse Action Team:
http://www.loc.gov/extranet/wiki/osi/ndiip/ndsa/index.php?title=Clearinghouse_Action_Team
Leader: Kristine Hanna, Internet Archive ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>)

Abbie

Abbie Grotke | Web Archiving Team Lead | Office of Strategic Initiatives
National Digital Information and Infrastructure Preservation Program | Library of Congress
http://www.loc.gov/webarchiving/ | http://www.digitalpreservation.gov<http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/>
202-707-2833 | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | @agrotke