Please forgive cross-postings.
A grade 14 software developer position in the Repository Development group at the Library of Congress has been posted at usajobs.gov:
Job Title: Information Technology Specialist (SYSANLYSIS)
The Library of Congress serves the Congress in fulfilling its duties and preserves and promotes knowledge and creativity for the benefit of the American people. It is the nation's oldest federal cultural institution and the world's largest library, with more than 145 million items in its physical collections (including books, manuscripts, prints, photos, film, video, and sound recordings) and almost 20 million items online. Located on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C., the Library is the home of the U.S. Copyright Office, the Congressional Research Service (CRS), the Law Library of Congress and the National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped.
This position is located in the Office of Strategic Initiatives at the Library of Congress, and reports directly to the Project Manager for Digital Initiatives in repository development. The incumbent provides expert guidance in the design, documentation, development, modification, installation, implementation, and support of new and or existing applications software. The incumbent coordinates and facilities activities relating to the preparation of testing and implementation plans, as well as works with teams to resolve project or system-level issues. Reviews and approves technical requirements for projects, develop project plans and provide technical guidance to team members. The position serves as a primary liaison between customers, vendors and information technology (IT) management throughout the development process. The incumbent identifies deficiencies and initiates and or recommends appropriate action to resolve the deficiencies.
The salary range indicated reflects the locality pay adjustments for the Washington, D.C., Metropolitan area.
The incumbent of this position can work a flextime work schedule.
This is a non-supervisory, bargaining unit position.
Relocation expenses are not authorized for the person(s) selected under this vacancy announcement.
· Performs work involved in applying analytical processes and technical expertise to the planning, design, and implementation of new and improved information systems to meet the business requirements of customer organizations.
· Consults with customers to identify and specify requirements, and to develop overall functional and systems requirements. Develops cost estimates of new or modified systems and plans their implementation.
· Performs work involving the analysis, design, documentation, development, modification, testing, installation, implementation, and support of new or existing software systems. Participates in evaluation, selection, and configuration of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) software or on developing customized applications. Integrates software components, possibly implemented in different programming languages, to build complete systems that meet requirements.
· Applicants must have had progressively responsible experience and training sufficient in scope and quality to furnish them with an acceptable level of the following knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the position without more than normal supervision.
· Knowledge of computer languages, programming paradigms, utilities, platforms, and development toolkits.
· Ability to develop software applications.
· Ability to plan, organize and execute work.
· Ability to communicate in writing.
· Ability to communicate effectively other than in writing.
· No additional requirements to those listed above.
Full details on the position and the instructions for submitting an application are available through the URL above. You must apply online; no applications are accepted via email.
Please also be aware that a grade 13 position is also going to be posted soon.
Chief of Repository Development
Manager of Technical Architecture Initiatives for NDIIPP
Library of Congress
To unsubscribe from the DLF-ANNOUNCE list, click the following link: