Hi,

For the people interested in the working session "Strategies for Video
& Film Digitization" at the upcoming DLF Forum, we are proposing a few
links to explore before or after the session:

* Meeting the Challenge of Media Preservation: Strategies and
Solutions (Indiana University)
http://www.indiana.edu/~medpres/documents/iu_mpi_report_public.pdf

* Presto Prime's reports and tools:
http://www.prestoprime.org/project/public.en.html

* Audiovisual Preservation Solution's papers:
http://www.avpreserve.com/avpsresources/papers-and-presentations/
- See especially "A Primer on Codecs for Moving Image and Sound
Archives" and "Project Outsourcing: Navigating Through the
Client/Vendor Relationship to Achieve Your Project Goals" (both
available as PDFs at the above URL)

* The A/V Artifact Atlas :
http://preservation.bavc.org/artifactatlas/index.php/A/V_Artifact_Atlas

* Video at Risk Grant (New York University)
http://www.nyu.edu/tisch/preservation/research/video-risk/

Here is the link to the description of our session:
http://www.diglib.org/forums/2011forum/schedule/strategies-for-video-film-digitization/

We hope to see you at the Forum,
Delphine (and Claire, David, Hannah, Jennifer, Jon)

--
Delphine Khanna, Head of Digital Library Initiatives
Temple University Library (http://library.temple.edu)

To unsubscribe from the DLF-ANNOUNCE list, click the following link:
http://lists.clir.org/SCRIPTS/WA-CLIR.exe?SUBED1=DLF-ANNOUNCE&A=1