Hi all,
We've received 58 responses so far to the web archiving survey. I haven't had a chance to review the results in great detail yet but that's a great response!

However, so far there are no responses from museums, commercial sector, city government, and only a few historical societies. If anyone on this list is connected to any of those communities and can spread the word, please do! We'd talked about distributing it to ALA groups  and others we don't normally talk to. If you can think of others to pass along to that might be doing web archiving (the legal community?) we'd love to get as wide coverage as we can.

So far we've sent it to IIPC list, Archive-IT, DigLib, tweeted it and posted to the NDIIPP blog.

Here's the text of the email I sent out (with some recent modifications), feel free to pass along!

Thanks for your help.
Abbie

--------

The National Digital Stewardship Alliance (NDSA) Content Working Group<http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/ndsa/working_groups/content.html> is sponsoring a survey of organizations in the United States who are actively involved in or planning to archive content from the web. The goal of the survey is to better understand the landscape of web archiving activities in the United States, including what organizations or individuals are archiving, what types of web content are being preserved, the tools and services being used, and what type of access is being provided for researchers.

The information gathered as a part of this survey will be reported to NDSA members and anonymized summary results will be shared publicly, with an announcement of the results appearing on the Library's Digital Preservation Blog, The Signal (http://blogs.loc.gov/digitalpreservation/). For more information, including a sample survey, see http://blogs.loc.gov/digitalpreservation/2011/10/take-our-web-archiving-survey/.

Any United States organization involved in web archiving or in the process of planning a web archive is invited to to take survey<http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/USWebArchiving>. The survey will close October 31, 2011.

Abbie Grotke | Web Archiving Team Lead | Office of Strategic Initiatives
National Digital Information and Infrastructure Preservation Program | Library of Congress
http://www.loc.gov/webarchiving/ | http://www.digitalpreservation.gov<http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/>
202-707-2833 | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | @agrotke