On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 4:18 PM, Jeff Godin <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> The nameservers for questionpoint.org appear to not respond to queries
> for AAAA records. Expected behavior would be to return an empty
> response.

A minor correction:

The nameservers seem to respond to queries for AAAA records, but some
large recursive resolvers are returning SERVFAIL (after what appears
to be a timeout).

Tried Google's 8.8.8.8, Linode's 207.192.69.4 (as a customer). Both
return SERVFAIL.

Linode's 207.192.69.5 and 97.107.133.4 return the expected empty
response -- and quickly.

I'm guessing that something is broken in an intermittent way, or a
change was made recently.

What I don't know is if it's slowly being fixed, or slowly breaking. :-)

-jeff