Hiya,

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 10:06 AM, Nate Vack <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> A more productive task is to understand the who, how, when, and
> thenceforth of what tasks actual people want to accomplish with their
> computers

Understanding this is not disconnected from designing data models
*right*. It's the same thing. By extension I should mention that
people are terrible at telling you what they want or need, but they're
good at telling you what they hate. If nothing else, I'd suggest to
tap into that wonderful hate.

> But an 'all flows from data modeling' thought process leads to FOAF,
> FOAF leads to hate, and hate leads to suffering.

This sounds suspiciously like someone who don't understand the perils
of data models and how they affect all the FOAF and hate that's built
up around its faults. FOAF and suffering is a symptom of shitty data
models, not shitty code. Unless you've got a little more meat on that
argument? :)

Regards,

Alex
--
 Project Wrangler, SOA, Information Alchemist, UX, RESTafarian, Topic Maps