I would be against making C4L any bigger. There are already bigger
conferences one can attend to. Not only because it will lose the feel,
but it will become more expensive, limit locations, and harder to
host. Being involved with a conference that attracts 500+ people, I
can tell yo that it is a lot different then a 200 or 250 person
conference to plan. If C4L did get much bigger, I would very likely
take my "USB drives and [my] lappies and go home." Still, if a larger
conference is what everyone else wanted, that would be fine with me
but I very well might miss my first C4L in that case. Personally, I'd
rather see it smaller.

As far as a solution: I think the solution is to host more regional
C4L conferences like the New England people have been discussing.

Edward