On 12/15/11 5:01 PM, Wilfred Drew wrote:
> If there is this much interest why not pick bigger venues?  I have beenfollowing this conversation for weeks and wondered why that hadn't already happened.

Bigger usually means more costly. Administrative, Space, Bandwidth etc.,

I have only been to a one of these before and the principal attraction
for me was precisely that. A small conference where if I needed to
corner someone I listened to a talk it only took gathering all my social
skills I've accumulated over time and... who am I kidding. It was
extremely easy because (in part perhaps) of the intimate setting.

Perhaps it has reached a point where regional ones will be the way to go
as more and more people get left out. I say if you get left out. Plan to
run your $local code4lib to make up for it.

;-)

./fxk

--
TFMotD: Archive::Tar (3p) - module for manipulations of tar archives