One of the things I like about code4lib is that it isn't policy-driven.

As the local organizing committee, we decided not to allow "official"
substitutions, so that the Alliance could process the final list and
name tags, etc.   The Alliance, and particularly Elizabeth, have been
extremely helpful in organizing this code4lib, and it wouldn't happen
without their support and hard work. They were even tolerant when the
code4libcon voted to have the registration open up before the schedule,
and we all know what kind of a wait-list and confusion that it caused,
including a lot of extra work for Elizabeth.

We do not check ID's at the registration desk. We will also have
sharpies available.

-karen

--
Karen Estlund