We have the heavyduty solution (JIRA/Greenhopper), but there's a lot
of nice relatively cheap web stuff that I think might fit your bill.

Just one of the many, many solutions out there:
Github for documentation/lightweight issue tracking
getdonedone can link to your github and has a lot more features.

Luckily, almost every piece of web issue tracking has a free trial:
so, it's really easy to see which ones feel nice.

It is really up to you whether
http://www.redmine.org/projects/redmine/wiki/RedmineInstall counts as
minimal effort. I'd say, unless you've already got ruby 1.8 passenger
stacks ready to go, it's probably not so much.

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 1:26 PM, Varnum, Ken <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Unless your alternative is Footprints. Gah.
>
> On 2/22/12 12:59 PM, "Sean Hannan" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>>Not Jira.
>>
>>-Sean
>>

>>On 2/22/12 12:36 PM, "Cynthia Ng" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> We're looking at implementing an issue tracker for internal use, so
>>> I'm looking for recommendations.
>>>
>>> What's key:
>>> 1) minimal effort in install/setup i.e. ready to use out of the box
>>> 2) small scale is okay, we have a very small team
>>> 3) ideally, have an area for documentation and issue creation via email
>>>
>>> What does your institution use?
>>> What do you like and dislike most about it?
>>> Would you recommend it to others?

>>> Thanks,
>>> Cynthia