Try removing the environment files before you upgrade (or after if
you didn't save the old file).  When I released that version of NOID
I have since regretted leaving in code that created a stub environment
(that actually isn't used by NOID) because it just creates upgrade
problems that I never figured out properly.

If all else fails and you're just using NOID to mint (eg, no binding),
it's quite easy to start a new minter from scratch and mint until you see
the last id you minted prior to conversion.  The order of minting is
deterministic, so in the end you'll have a new minter that's in the same
"state" as the old minter (again, provided you haven't been doing holds
and binds -- that's more complicated).

-John