On 2/23/2012 1:37 PM, Sean Hannan wrote:
> Anecdotally, it would appear that bing (and bing-using yahoo) seem to
> drastically play down catalog records in their results. We're not doing
> anything to favor a particular search engine; we have a completely open
> robots.txt file.

I think they're probably right to play down catalog records!

I wonder how many people searching on google and ending up at our
catalog are actually satisfied with what they get there -- info on how
to check the book out if they were affiliated with our university, or
where to find it on the shelves if they come to baltimore? An electronic
copy that most of the time they can't access without being affiliated
with our university?