It's hard to say. Going off of the numbers that I have, I'd say that they do
find what they are looking for, but they unless they are a JHU affiliate,
they are unable to access it.

Our bounce rate for Google searches is 76%.  Which is not necessarily bad,
because we put a lot of information on our item record pages--we don't make
you dig for anything.

On the other hand, 9% of visits coming to us through Google searches are
return visits. To me, that says that the other 91% are not JHU affiliates,
and that's 91% of Google searchers that won't have access to materials.

I know from monitoring our feedback form, we have gotten in increase in
requests from far flung places for access to things we have in special
collections from non-affiliates.

So, we get lots of exposure via searches, but due to the nature of how
libraries work with subscriptions, licensing, membership and such, we close
lots of doors once they get there.

-Sean