Jonathan, while having these thoughts your Umlaut service did come to
mind.  If you ever have time to expand on how it could work in a wide
open web environment, I'd love to hear it. (I know you explain below,
but I don't know enough about link resolvers to understand what it
really means from a short explanation. Diagrams are always welcome!)

kc

--
Karen Coyle
[log in to unmask] http://kcoyle.net