<forwarding on behalf of program(me) committee - Tom>

Good news for those working hard on proposals for this year’s Open Repositories Conference in Edinburgh – we’re extending the submission deadline for papers & workshops by 2 weeks until March 5th. Whether your proposal is for the general conference track, or more suited to the user group tracks for EPrints, DSpace and Fedora, you’ve got 14 more days to refine your ideas for papers. The remaining dates in the process are not expected to shift, so you’ll still have plenty of time to make arrangements to attend.

5th Mar 2012 Deadline for papers, workshops& user group sessions
31st Mar 2012 Deadline for posters, Pecha Kucha and demos
6th Apr 2012 Workshop/paper submitters notified
11th May 2012 Poster/demo/Pecha Kucha submitters notified
9th Jul 2012 Conference pre-workshops begin

Workshop proposals can be made now by email to [log in to unmask]; we’ve already received a number of exciting ideas so we would encourage you not to wait until the deadline if you haven’t already been in touch.

Due to a glitch with the submission system we can’t yet take paper submissions but we expect this to be resolved next week, and we’ll make an announcement at that time. Full details will be provided on the OR2012 web site at http://or2012.ed.ac.uk/

This year’s event will also have more space for informal, unconference-style contributions as well as the Developer Challenge. If a full paper isn’t for you, consider contributing in another way. We’ll be releasing more details nearer the event. This will include Pecha Kuchas and poster sessions with a deadline of the 31st of March.

Kevin Ashley
OR2012 Programme Chair