I think that  XMP and PDF/A  require that you "compile" all custom
ontologies into their own magical schema language, and embed them as a Bag
in the XMP packet.  Also, you can't use any ontologies that would require
you to use typed RDF literal (rdf:datatype is forbidden).

My take is:

   - Every ontology from which a class or  field is used requires an entry
    in the  pdfaExtension:schemas Bag.
      - Every class from that ontology which has an instance created used
      requires an entry in the pdfaSchema:valueType sequence.
         - There may be some cases where using  rdf:type is ok, but it
         seems a bit iffy.
      - Every property from that ontology which is   used requires an entry
      of in the pdfaSchema:property sequence
         - 'ObjectProperty's which will have blank node values use one of
         the custom valueType  (element name, not URI)
         - 'ObjectProperty's which will refer to named resources use a URI.
         - 'DataProperty's  that have unspecified or  string range can be
         defined as Text.
         - DataProperties of other types cannot be used. since XMP bans
         rdf:datatype.

I guess the only general solution may be to embed a  single Text type
property that included everything (ontologies + data) as  (XML escaped)
Turtle.

 If all Adobe wanted was XML, why did they bother using RDF?