Call for participation: LITA/ALCTS Library Code Year IG

The Library Code Year interest group is having its first meeting at Annual.
 We're dedicated to helping librarians learn to code and to apply that in
their work lives. What does that mean?  You tell us!  At our first meeting
we'll be figuring out how we can best support librarians of a variety of
tech skill levels in moving forward.

We're also looking for a few speakers to give lightning talks:

What strategies, or roadblocks, have you found in learning to code? How
have you used programming to improve library service models or workflows?

The Library Code Year Interest Group seeks speakers for lightning talks (5
minutes) on any aspect of coding and libraries, including projects you have
completed, your experience learning to code or thoughts on projects you
would like to see in the future.  Our inaugural meeting will be Saturday,
June 23, 1:30-3:30 at the Doubletree Suites (Tuscany AB).  Speakers at all
levels of coding skill and from all types of library backgrounds are
invited to participate.

Saturday, June 23, 2012 - 1:30pm to 3:30pm
Doubletree Suites
Tuscany AB
http://ala12.scheduler.ala.org/node/651

Hope to see you there!

Feel free to email me off-the-list ([log in to unmask]) and/or post
your topic at ALA Connect : *http://connect.ala.org/node/167971*
*
*Thank you!

Andromeda Yelton