You can  include XMP packets in pdftex files using the \pdfcatalog
primitive ; there are a couple of macro packages that add a little bit of a
wrapper:

xmpincl basically just wraps and inserts the contents of an external
RDF+XML file as the value of  /Metadata .
http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/xmpincl/

There is no standard ontology for citation data; you might look at
BIBO http://purl.org/ontology/bibo/     or
SPAR - http://purl.org/spar/

Simon