I'm not sure if it is quite the same, but in the same area, there is some
stuff being done around picking up Shibboleth attributes based on IP
location:

Shibboleth IdP User Agent Attribute Extension
This plugin captures the user agent IP address at authentication and then
allows that information to trigger the association of certain attributes/values
during attribute resolution time.

https://github.com/ukf/ua-attribute-idp-ext/blob/master/README.txt

Owen

--