Hi all,

I have been wondering whether it is possible to put a bibliography (list
of references in a journal article, for example) in an XMP packet in a
PDF document. Having read about efforts to get the references from a
document by parsing text, I thought it might make sense (and be
possible) to put a machine-readable version in the document.

I haven't found anyone who had done this (yet), so I started wondering
why. Is it too obvious to write about? Or is it impossible?

Eventually I'd like to have it automatically created at the same time
BibTeX creates the 'normal' bibliography for my pdfLaTeX document. And
if the PDF/A standard allows it, have it in such a way that it complies
to the long-term archival PDF standard. It appears, however, that
PDF/A-1 allows the XMP description of the document itself to have only
one author [1], which makes me doubt the use of PDF/A in general.
If I manage to get it working, could it be a topic of interest for the
Code4Lib Journal?

Regards,

Ben

[1]