Hi Simon,

Thanks for your reply.
I have used xmpincl and recently stumbled upon pdfx [1] for producing
PDF/A compliant files (which require some XMP).
I started work on extending pdfx's functionality to support some more
URIs and embedded reference lists [2], but reading through some of the
XMP and PDF/A specifications I got a bit put off by the limitations
imposed on the RDF that can be included as XMP in PDF/A and started
wondering if it's actually possible.

I wanted to say I had found the Citation Typing Ontology, but then saw
it is part of SPAR.

Ben

[1] http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/pdfx/
[2] https://github.com/bencomp/pdfx-ext