Ken,

I'm currently working on an HTML5 video project. It is not in
production yet, but inline are a few notes on what I'm doing right now
and think will work.

> *        Which formats do you typically include?

Right now I'm only creating an MP4 and WebM. Once Firefox and Opera
support H264, I'll probably drop WebM. The Flash fallback uses the
same MP4, and fills the gap for older browsers. I also provide a
download link to the MP4 just in case no in-browser player will work.

I'm currently using the MediaElements.js player in order to have a
similar look to the player even with Flash fallback and a single JS
API. You may look at this comparison of players to see what you like:
http://praegnanz.de/html5video/

> *        How do you generate videos in those formats?

To create the MP4 I use HandBrakeCLI. For WebM, I'm using ffmpeg.

> *        What kind of workflow for file creation makes this process manageable.

I've just written a script which takes source video, adds a common
credits snippet to each video, and then wraps system calls to convert
to MP4 and WebM. The script also takes the first frame of the video to
create a poster image.

I'd be interested to hear what others are doing for video delivery.

Jason