2012 DuraSpace Sponsorship Program Update

Contact: Valorie Hollister  <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Read it online:

http://bit.ly/LnbZzO

[cid:[log in to unmask]]
Ithaca, NY Last month the DuraSpace organization launched its third annual Sponsorship Program, encouraging all institutions using the DSpace and Fedora open source technologies to contribute financially to the not for profit entity which provides leadership and support for these platforms.  Our goal for 2012 is to raise $450,000. This funding will pay for DuraSpace staff working directly on DSpace and Fedora, our community programs, our webinar series and the infrastructure to support the technologies.  Please help us reach our goal and contribute what you can so we do not have to cut any of our vital programs.

Why should your institution become a DuraSpace Sponsor?
While the DSpace and Fedora software is available free of charge, DuraSpace does not receive significant funding from government agencies or private foundations. Instead DuraSpace relies on the financial support from those organizations that directly benefit by using its open source software. While there are over 1500 DSpace and Fedora repositories around the world, last year only 63 institutions provided DuraSpace with financial support. This year we must increase the number of organizations participating. While the sponsor program officially has 3 sponsor levels (Gold-$10,000, Silver-$5,000 and Bronze-$2,500) we would welcome new 2012 sponsors joining with any contribution at our “Friends of DuraSpace” level.

To find out more about the program or use the Paypal credit card feature to become a sponsor today: http://duraspace.org/sponsors. If you have any questions, please contact Valorie Hollister at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

DuraSpace 2012 Sponsors to Date
DuraSpace would like to thank all the institutions that have already renewed their sponsorship as well s those organizations that have joined us for the first time in 2012 (new 2012 sponsors are noted in italics below).

Gold
Arizona State University
Columbia University
Cornell University
Emory University
ICPSR
MIT
North Carolina State University
Texas Digital Library
University of Illinois
University of Michiga
University of Pittsburgh
University of Virginia
Virginia Tech

Silver
Monash University
Rice University
Smithsonian Institution
University of Calgary
University of Cambridge
University of Guelph
University of Maryland
University of Miami
University of New South Wales
University of Ottawa
University of Prince Edward Island
York University Libraries

Bronze
Brown University
Case Western Reserve University
Imperial College London
New York University
State and University Library-Aarhus
University Adelaide
University of Auckland
University of California San Diego
University of Hawaii at Manoa
University of Massachusetts Amherst
University of Technology Sydney
University of Tennessee
Utrecht University
Vrije University Amsterdam

Friends of DuraSpace:
Kansas State University
Massey University
University of Delaware

Carol Minton Morris
DuraSpace
Director of Marketing and Communications
Skype: carolmmorris
607 592-3135<tel:607%20592-3135>
Twitter@DuraSpace<http://twitter.com/duraspace>
Twitter@DuraCloud<http://twitter.com/duracloud>