On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 3:34 PM, Nathan Tallman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> There are a plethora of options for wiki software. Does anyone have any
> recommendations for a platform that's easy-to-use and has a low-learning
> curve for users?

We looked at a bunch(!) of them a couple years back, and the two
standouts were Confluence and Apple's Wiki Server. The fact that we
already had a couple OS X Server boxes laying around made the choice
rather easy. Confluence's price also weighed in rather a lot.

We've had a few power users complain about lack of functionality, and
search is surprisingly dodgy (we're still on 10.6, though; I hear 10.7
is better) but we've been awfully happy with it. I'm still kind of
shocked to look back and realize that our lab successfully adopted a
wiki.

If you have a dedicated core of people who will be responsible for
maintaining the wiki and happy to embrace its wiki syntax and other
strangenesses (common question: how do I create a page?), MediaWiki
may be best. If you're expecting "everyone" to create and edit pages,
it will be very hard to get widespread adoption with it.

-n