Founded in 1994, Earley & Associates is a highly-regarded information
management (IM) consulting company specializing in content management
strategy, taxonomy, search integration and information architecture.

We approach information management solutions by taking into account how
people, technology, and content relate. We realize that focusing on specific
business contexts and goals drives the success of an information management
project. We work with companies in a broad range of industries including
retail, high-tech, life sciences, manufacturing, nonprofit, and government.

Contract - Digital Asset Management (DAM) Content Manager

In this position, you will be an archivist responsible for the retrospective
analysis, organization, accessibility and preservation of digital promotional
assets in a Digital Asset Management System (DAM). You will also be
responsible for managing company standards and methods including architectural
alignment, taxonomy and metadata for efficient search, retrieval and
distribution of company assets. In addition, you will work
to align with key Global Education Solutions teams (Professional Education,
Marketing Mastery and Sales Learning and Development) to ensure curriculum
content is properly stored and tagged for easy search and distribution. You
will support Somerville, NJ and Cincinnati, OH and will build alignment to
taxonomy models that can be utilized globally.

**Responsibilities:**

  * Provide prospective analysis and support for the development of a second generation DAM deployment (Q3 '13)
  * Participate in evaluating key stakeholder needs for asset utilization and search
  * Contribute to the establishment of data architecture and taxonomy models with internal and external stakeholders
  * Assist in the establishment and management of a file naming structure
  * Assist in aligning metadata models from a legacy system to the future DAM
  * Provide retrospective support to a legacy DAM with the objective of improving search capabilities
  * Leverage key learning's of prospective analysis to improve existing search capabilities
  * Content analysis and classification of existing DAM assets with content owners
  * Retrospective data tagging
  * Ensure that the correct file types are available in the digital asset library for all distribution points or that proper transcoding capabilities are available (current and future state)
  * Establish migration and obsolescence plan for all DAM content
  * Partner with DAM Administrator for asset migration and testing
  * Train key stakeholders on DAM naming convention, metadata and taxonomy
  * Maintain data integrity against established taxonomy and metadata models
  * College degree desired; Master's degree in Library Science preferred
  * Business experience (1-2 years with MILS, 3-5 without) with experience in DAM
  * Deep understanding of Metadata, Taxonomy, Data Architecture and Search
  * Familiar with Metadata standards such as Dublin Core Metadata Initiative (DCMI) or Metadata Object Description Schema (MODS)
  * Strong computer skills a must (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, CSV, XML)
  * Cross functional team experience highly desired
  * Deep understanding of compliant business practices
  * Ability to collaborate and work in a matrixed organization supporting multiple stakeholders
  * Ability to work independently with clear guidance
  * Organizational and time management skills
  * Strong communication skills
  * Ability to work well in a fast paced environment
  * Problem solving/resolution and cross functional influencing skills
  * Customer focus and detail-oriented
  * Must be team player, goal driven and a problem-solver
**Benefits:**

We value our employees' time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is
enhanced by our competitive salary depending on experience, in addition to:

  * Paid time off
  * Work from home arrangement
  * Medical benefits
  * 401(k)
  * Employee Assistance Program through Optum Care 24
  * Future growth opportunities!
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where
people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a
collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to
contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture

If you enjoy working independently and making decisions in a fast-paced, team-
focused environment, your opportunity is knocking!

Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/1404/